These healthy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies are full of good-for-you-ingredients and are low in sugar. With only 5 main ingredients, these take minutes to whip up.
These is nothing more cozy than a plate of chocolate chip cookies. And when they are healthy Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies, you can feel good about having a few (and giving them to your family).
The key to baking and not derailing your healthy eating is to choose ingredients selectively. Sure, it’s easy (and cheap!) to just use standard recipes, white flour, and tons of sugar. The recipes almost always turn out because, hey, they are filled with sugar that melts into chewy goodness.
And it takes a little practice, just like any other type of cooking. I’ve had to learn through trial and error that some brands of flours work better than others, some types of honey are sweeter than others, and not in not all recipes is coconut butter and oil interchangeable.
It’s totally worth it once you’ve mastered a few recipes though. Almond flour is an incredible flour to work with because it’s nearly fool proof. It’s naturally sweet, so you don’t need to add much sugar at all for a good recipe. It also can’t be over mixed, so mix away without fearing tough baked goods.
To top it all off, it’s high in healthy fats (the monounsaturated kind), and satiating, meaning you probably aren’t going to overeat these cookies.
If you’re looking for other healthy (low sugar) cookie recipes, I suggest trying my Chocolate Covered Raisin Oatmeal Cookies, Gluten Free Snickerdoodles, and my super popular Sugar Free, Gluten Free Date Bars. If you want to try something nut free, my Irresistible Chewy Granola Cookies are a popular option as well. I’d love to hear back how these recipes work for you!
Tips for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Sub any nut butter you have on hand for the almond butter. I most recently used cashew butter and they turned out perfect.
- Make it Paleo: To keep these Paleo, use an approved soy-free brand of dark chocolate chips. I love Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels. I buy these in a 5-lb. bag (yes, serious chocolate lovers here) because they are so expensive to buy by the bag! They last for months.
Nutritional data for Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies and images courtesy of www.NutritionData.com.
Other Paleo Treat Recipes:
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, by Elana’s Pantry
- Paleo Magic Cookie Bars, by Food Faith Fitness
- Coffee Pecan Pie Bars, by Cotter Crunch
- Paleo Fudge, by Vitamin Sunshine
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I’ll receive a small percentage of any purchases made.